Tuesday, September 06, 2005

The Ignored

I just finished reading The Ignored by Bentley Little. As the title says, it is about the ignored, and how frustrating it is to be ignored, which I found myself partially identifying with. In the first part of the book it was about a new employee at a large company that was virtually ignored by everyone but his boss. He was not invited to office social functions, but when attending was mandatoried he sat alone. His boss did not ignored him but he did pick on him and harrassed him continuously. The writer explores all facets of the ignored and how lonely it is, I suspect he has been in that position himself.
Some very far-fetched things happened, which I won't give it away but it did pull me away from identifying with the protagionist.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home