Thursday, September 20, 2012

The Cool Closet Car Club

I could have said the Cool Secret Car Club but in this case the S of secret would be out of sequence with the  Cs.  And Closet is another way of saying Secret.

It is a secret club because the members hardly even know each other exist.

I noticed a person in our neighborhood that owns a BMW always parks in the carport at an angle.  I wondered why.  I think it is a self-image thing.  That way she can show she is cool - like wearing a ballcap backwards.

And of course the benefits of this club, if you are parked at an angle in a public parking place it would be harder for a person of the working class to opened their car doors and put a dent in the more elitist expensive car.

Yesterday for the heck* of it at the hospital I parked my truck on the highest level there was, except the roof.  There were only two other cars on the entire level.  Then, a fourth one drove up and parked a good distant from the other three, that were also spaced sort of equally  apart from each other.  The car was a BMW.  It parked at an angle.  It was making a statement.  I think the statement was, "Am I cool or what?"

I don't mean to say it is just a BMW club.  Any other expensive car, such as Mercedes, Hummers, or whatever else is very expensive.   A couple years ago I noticed more than once that Hummers in the area parked sideways across two handi-capped parking spaces to assure that no car doors would put a scratch on their body work.

I was telling a certain person that is high in management about the hummers and this person said she understood perfectly.  I threw in they were preventing a handicapped person from using what he was legally entitled to.  She more or less said, "So what?  The Hummer paid more taxes."

Us 47% percenters don't deserve anything.  By the way, I cracked their code to recognze each other - it is not a handshake or anything like tht.  It is very simple:  Nose Pointed Upward.

*actually, I was curioous about the view.

Labels: ,