Thursday, January 03, 2013

2013 Is Not Starting Off Very Lucky



Hang on.  We have been very busy since the first of the year.  We thought we were going to have a relaxing day January the 1st and WHAM!  Our pressure cooker literally flipped its lid, or the little metal weight, and shot black-eye pea slime all over our kitchen ceiling and cabinets.  We spent NewYears Day cleaning up the mess all but the ceiling, which we couldn't get it to come off, I think it is because of the rough bumpy ceiling paint.  So, we will have to paint over it.

While that was going on, getting cleaning compounds in and out from under the sink we discovered or dislodged a pipe which I can't get screwed back on, it feels tight but I give it another tug for good luck and it pops back off every time.

I had a ultrasound yesterday and it revealed I have gall stones.  The gall of it all!  So, that is anothing thing to take care of in the near future.

Also yesterday we smell a dead animal in a space that the den addition roof left.  It is impossible to get to it.  We will just have to wait that one out.

I also signed up for Ancestry.com and am already finding out some things I didn't know about my great grandfather William A. Hunter.  A few years ago I copied a journal that a lady from the Westmoreland and Durham family kept.  It just so happened that one of William's twin sons married into the Westomoreland family.  I noticed on the journal I copied "Mr. Hunter" was mention frequently, like when he fell out of a loft and so on.  I thought it was unusual for them to keep up with the Hunters, living almost 8 miles away.  On the 1920 Census I discovered that a James Durham, 86, and his daughter Kate P. Durham, 39, lived with William and Emaline.  I wonder why?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home