Thursday, May 31, 2018

Chief Dan Flynn

Once, a few years ago, I went on a downtown walking tour of Marietta's Civil War Hospitals with Civil War researcher and author Brad Quinlin acting as docent..  On the tour was Dan Flynn, Chief of the Marietta Police.  I told him my father was Chief in the 1950s and he seemed glad to see me.  He told me he was the Chief in Savannah and after that maybe Miami.  


Marietta Police Chief Dan Flynn




A couple years later I saw him and his police entourage at Our Daily Bread luncheon.  I spoke to him but he did not immediately remember me.  I had to relive our Civil War tour and my relation to the Marietta Police, then he remembered.

Can you blame him?   If it makes it better, I didn't recognize him either, without his hat.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home