Monday, May 21, 2018

Tony'a Retirement




Tony's last day at work at the Post Office.
Tony was the one that mostly answered the phone when he worked at Sprayberry Crossing Posr Office and before then, Gresham Road Post Office., both in Marietta.  I overheard him many times say when someone asked him for directions how to get there, "Do you know where the Big Chicken is?

Tony, Sheila, and Bob.  Sheila and I worked in Finance Department of Atlanta Post Office.  Bob and I also worked under the same boss in the Atlanta Post Office.  Years of working with Bob in Atlanta, and a couple of years of working with him in the Marietta Post Office one day he and I were standing in front of the battery display at K-Mark.  Bob, finally spoke to me, saying, "Do you work for the Post Office?"  Years later, after we both retired, I ran into him again in the recovering room of a hospital.  My sister was recovering and so was Bob.  Bob treated me like we were best fiends.




Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home