Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Franklin, Macon County, NC


Once while doing research in Franklin, N.C., I took a local walk tour of downtown, to get to know the stomping grounds of my ancestors.

This is the statue that I learned that statues of elected representatives and military members it is important to have them face a certain way, like with the people they are protecting behind them, or in front of them to look over them, in other words, whichever way they are facing they will think of something.

This was the Macon County Jail, but now I think the jail is bigger.  It was built in the late 1800s.  If it was in existence in the mid 1800s at least two of my ancestors and a few once and twice removed relatives would have been guests.




The Main Street of Downtown Franklin, NC

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home