Monday, August 13, 2018

Dragon Con c 2000

Left to Right:  Me and Al Feldein, the editor of MAD magazine for over 30 years.  For those same years I disliked him because he took my hero Harvey Kurtzman's job.  Here, I met him and he was very opened and genuine..  He was very likable.  I forgave him.


After Al Feldstein retired from the editor of MAD he moved to Montana and became a landscape artist of all the rugged Rockys.

Before Al Felstein was editor of MAD  he was the editor of other EC comicbooks, such as Tales from the Crypt, Science Fantasy, and about a dozen others.  He also filled in as an artist.  Here at the Dragon Con he was hawking his art work of the witches of EC (behind him).


Cartoonist of Cheech Wizard

This is Denis Kitchen.  He started out as an Underground Cartoonist and started publishing his own stuff, and one thing led to another and he dropped his artistic talents and became solely editor and publisher of vintage  comics.  Like he republished all of Al Capp"s LI'L ABNER deaily comic strips and many more.  He and my hero Harvey Kurtzman became goo;d friends.  I had a bunch of suggestions for him and he told me some of them is being implemented.  In recent years I read his publishing company Kitchen Sink has went bankupted.

My buddy underground cartoonist  the late Skip Williamson.  For several years his studio was my hangout.  And his beer was my beer.  My son Adam had a wreck and broke his leg.  Skip gave Adam and I free tickets to Dragoncon. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home