Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Cobb County Jail



This is the Cobb County Jail.  I took this picture while waiting my turn to go into the Cobb County Dump complex.  I don’t think the jail has windows. 

It made me think of the old Cobb County Jail, which had windows (with bars).  Once on the Grand Jury in about 1973 we got to tour the old jail and eat in their chow hall.  I’m sure they put their best foot forward and the food was delicious  and everybody smiling and happy.   The building is still here, about a block up the road from the new jail.

One time when that jail was operational I carried a load to the dump and after leaving I stopped at a stop sign in front of the old jail.   Three Bell South repair trucks was parked on the side of a side street.  I saw three Bell South line people with their helmets on standing by a rail, by the lawn of the jail.  Apparently they were taking a break.  Then I saw what they were doing.  One was a female line person.  The two men linemen was laughing looking at her.  She was standing about ten feet away facing the jail.  She was unbuttoning her blouse.  I think, for kicks, she was going to flash the inmates that might be looking out the windows.

I stayed stopped, I wasn’t going anywhere.

Then a car with an asshole driver behind me honked and I moved on.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home