Saturday, July 28, 2018

Good Old Boys





The Good Old Boys and Girl (GOBAG) met every Tuesday at the Horace Orr Post American Legion for beer and fellowship with friends we knew since childhood, needless to say we are 90% Marietta Natives. 
I don’t think they do it anymore, or I don’t.

This is Mickey.  Once on a Friday afternoon at Atherton’s Drug Store we were sitting at a booth.  Mickey told me had a date and didn’t have any money.  He asked for a few bucks, promising he will pay it back.  I leant him my last two dollars.
Later that night while cruising around Marietta we went to Burger Ranch.  They were one of the few that sesame  hamburger buns.   I was broke so I didn’t order anything, I sat down with my friend Larry.  Mickey came in, and ordered a hamburger, price $2 and with his delicious looking burger sat down with us.  He told us how his date went and then said, “I don’t know why I ordered this, I’m not even hungry”. And shoved it to Larry and said, “You eat it.”
Larry said he wasn’t hungry either.
Mickey said he was going to throw it away if Larry didn’t take it.
I paid for that burger.
I wasn’t even considered for the burger, which I paid for.
Every time I see Mickey my mind reminds me of that night.
Yes, I hold grudges forever.



Jackie and the late Don Rhymer


Me




Robert, 1st grade on friend.  Ex Cobb County Cop

The late Joel Jackson and Harry


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home