Saturday, August 25, 2018

Visiting Chicago & Minnesota

Sam & Don

Within a year after I got out of the Navy I visited my Navy friend Don in Chicago.  After he showed me around town we drove to Minneapolis to meet up with another Navy Friend Sam Kasuske.  Then the three of us went to see a 4th Navy friend Ron.  Ron was sort of our straw-boss who was a stickler for the rules.  We didn’t tell Ron we were coming to visit him, so he wasn’t expecting us, so when we got to his office he was out to lunch.
Ron had a secretary and a plush office in a bank.  We remembered how Ron was always telling us to have a neat desktop.  And he was always onto me for not cleaning my typewriter keys.
After his secretary told us he was out to lunch we rushed in his office, over her objections, and messed up  neat desk and dumped his garbage can in the middle the floor and left a big note written with black magic marker, starting with his nickname he didn’t like:  GOLDFISH!  CLEAN YOUR TYPEWRITER!
We never heard a word from him, like, “Sorry I missed you” or anything.


Don Lash at Marina City, Chicago

Me at model apartment, Marina City



Sam Kasuske and Don Lash overlooking Mississippi River, Minnesota


V

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home