Saturday, October 27, 2012

"I like that cap!"



Yesterday when I was at the doctor's office  at the counter signing in  I overheard the receptionist say to the man standing next to me, "I like that cap!"

I looked up and the man was wearing a UGA cap.

It reminded me of my late father-in-law.  One time at Eckard's Drugstore he was wearing a Braves cap the cashier said to him, "I like that cap!".

I wasn't with him when she said that but he told me of that quote many times afterwards.  Somehow it burned into his mind and he took pleasure in telling people what the cashier had said. 

Several times we were in the same vehicle and as we passed Ekerds he would look over and tell me what the cashier said to him and smiled.   Apparently he had told so many people he forgot he told and who he had't told - he wanted t make sure everybody knew what she said.   Not only did that quote make his day but it made his week, his month, his year, the remaining of his life.

I wanted to ask him how did she say it to make it so memorable and quotable.  Did she say it in a flirtatious manner?  Did she wink when she said it?  Did she lick her upper lip when she said it? 

And by me making a blog post on it is still carrying that quote through time.

You never know what you say to someone that will be latched on and carried through time more sturdy than if it was carved in stone.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home