Sunday, January 13, 2013

Takling It With You



Last night we went to the funeral home to pay our respects to our friend and his kin and view their late 99 year old mother lying in state. 

It was nice to see old friends and my friend's relatives who have surprisingly aged.  Don't they know they are suppose to stay the same until I see them next?

Viewing the lady in the casket I saw her pocketbook tucked in beside her.  I think they did that out of respect for her.  Like other women her age, she probably felt uncomfortable without her pocketbook.

It reminded of other societies where people were buried with their pets and if they were wealthy and powerful enough also buried with live servants.

Imagine my friend's mother's surpised when she arrived at the heavenly bliss when she opened her pocketbook and it was empty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home