Thursday, May 17, 2018

Spring Camp, Carmel, NY




click to enlarge




One Spring weekend in the 1960s a few Navy buddies and me left our Navy base and spent the weekend in Carmel, New York, visiting my uncle Roy Petty and his sons.  We did this several times over a two-year period..

In this picture we are playing cowboys and Indians with my cousins.  Standing over to the left is my cousin Rodney, for some reason, standing at attention.  In front of Rodney  is their dog.   I forgot the dog’s name.  You may can see the dog has a very short tail.  On another visit, on a cold morning we were walking a  very curvy road  near their house by a huge lake that is New York City’s Water Reservoir.    A car speeding came blindly around the corner and we scattered, all but the dog.  The dog not nicked, it cut his tail off.   That is me with the Indian chief’s head feathers, lurking around the edge of the tent.  Joe Rexroad, a Navy buddy, is sitting in front of me with his arms folded.  Standing beside Joe is my other cousin Billy.  The picture was probably taken by Navy buddy Don Lash, he was playing with black and white developing then.

The last I heard Billy has a large family and owns a construction in Colorado.  I am not sure where Rodney is.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home