Sunday, July 29, 2018

Bell Gang Reunion 2007

The late Arnold Guest

Dickie.  Dickie is few years older than me.  We lived abourt four door apart in the Clay Homes.  His brother Eddie and I had birthdays almost the same day.  Our families would go Sweet Water Creek and have a birthday party picnic.  Once, at about the age 4 or 5, I was wading in the creek at where a bridge was, and I stepped off into where the bridge never was, and undercurrent grabbed me and carried me deeper down.  My daddy, watching from the bridge and Dickie jumped in and pulled me out, thus saving my life.  I thank Dickie every time I see him.  Also, when they bullozed the Clay Homes he would come every day at his lunch hour to watch.  He hated to see his past plowed up.

Horace

Jackie

Jennings

Larry

Neal, who ran the Bell Reunions.  When I was born he and his family lived next door, same house, it was a duplex.

Charles - we were in the Boy Scouts togeher

As a kid he picked on me at the swimming pool.  Once he picked on my short-fused-temper friend Frankie and Frankie jumped back on it.  The went behind the pool to settle it and Frankie whipped his ass.  I thought to myself, I have whipped Frankie several times playing around, and knew he was no contest, so why am I letting Vernon pick on me when I know I can whip him.  Then, after than I more or less paraded in front of Vernon trying to get him to pick on me, I was going to pick back.  But he turned his head each time.    I think he figured out why I was suddenly so bold.  Then at these Bell Reunions, the first one I attended in 2006 I told Vernon that I knew he would be there, and I was wondering if we were going to continue our fight.  He said, "Lord, I hope not!"


The Wallace Brothers


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home