Saturday, May 19, 2018

Willy B.




Silver back Gorilla Willy B. (1959-2000).  Willy B. was the most famous being at the Atlanta Zoo,  Many times I have stood on the other side of his moat and fence and studied his expressions.  He was more human than some humans I know.  He knew how to eat peaches and apples to make the juice fly as e bit into them.  He could have made good fruit commercials.

He had five off springs, which is braggable , the kind of thing he could have beat his chest over, because he was not introduced to the opposite sex until past his middle age.

Sometimes he sat around looking bored and might have been thinking, “Is this all there is to live?”

Our eyes locked several times and I it thrilled me but I could tell by his steady gaze he was thinking, “Another idiot, Ho-Hum!”

Up Yours!

Willy B. and child

Up Yours again.



My two late friends, a statue of Willie B. and picture of Sam Carsley

Benjamin with another bronze statue of Willy B (I think)





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home