Monday, July 30, 2018

Repent and Fear God!


"FEAR GOD" reminds me once, before we were married double dated with Linda and Joe and went to the north Georgia Mountains.  We stopped at a service station to get gas. Behind and above the station was a big sign that said "MAKE PEACE WITH GOD!"  Joe repeated it and said, I did not know we were at war with Him."

This preacher reminded me of preachers in the park in the 1940s;  the park was not so well scuptured then with garden clubs planted flowers and all.  There were just unkempt bushes with drunks passed out or pissing behind.  And always a preacher on a soap box.  The drunks with their paper sacks have been replaced by yuppies with table clothes and vintage wine.

The preacher above was crying to scream his message above the live entertainment on  state that people came to see.  He was making an asshole out himself.  I said something critical about him either on my blog or facebook and his congregation got a hold of it and send me a barrage of critical mail.    Oh well, like the preacher probably feels, negative attention is better than no attention at all. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home