Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Conns Creek Baptist Church Cemetery


My ancestor Sarah Moody, who married Robert Cabel Tyson, grew up in Ball Ground, Georgia, although I think she was born in Tunnel Hill, Georgia.  I somehow heard her family was buried at Conns Creek Baptist Church in Bell Ground, so here we are.  On a Fathers Day, Anna was in Texas, in attending her brother Julian's memorial service, my two sons carried me to Two Brothers Barbecue in Ball Ground.  While there we looked up Conns Creek Baptist Church Cemetery.

Also, I knew my first Cousin's wife Jeanie was from Ball Ground, and her maiden name is Milford, so I took pictures of her possible relatives too.














While we were checking out the graves looking for Moody a hound dog came running up to us and dropped a bone, what looked like a human leg bone, at our feet, like a peace offering.  Did you dig up a grave?  We asked the dog?  He wagged his tail.  That was before cellphones, we went back to downtown Ball Ground I called the Cherokee County Sheriff's Department.  I reported it and the dispatcher sent a Deputy out and met us and we showed him the bone.  He took it, thanked us, and probably cursed us under his breath  thinking we were wasting his time.




All these pictures were taken recently on another trip to Ball Ground.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home